CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Deadline EXTENDED December 28, 2016
(posters February 15, 2017)
*We have extended the Submission deadline until 28 December 2016. Submissions received after that date will be placed on a wait list and evaluated for acceptance on a space available basis. All submissions must be made online.
Submissions • High quality proposals are invited that fall into any of the following tracks: Research and Theory; Clinical Approaches; Dreamwork Practices; Arts and Humanities; Education; Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy; Extraordinary, PSI and Lucid Dreams; Dreams and Health; Culture and History; and Mental Imagery. Submission Categories include: Paper Presentations; Symposia; Panels; Workshops; Special Events; Morning Dream Groups; and Poster Papers.
IASD encourages presenters of all backgrounds to apply and to be sensitive to matters of diversity and disability in their submissions and presentations. All submissions must be made online >>>
Register Early for Discounts
- EXTENDED: Special Discount for Presenters who register by 15 January 2017 (those who submitted proposals)
- Note that we offer an early registration discount for presenters, if you register prior to 15 January 2017. This discount applies to all who submitted a proposal whether approved or not. All approved presenters are required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate fees prior to 15 March 2017 to remain on the program. If you register early to take advantage of the presenter’s early discount, and your submission is subsequently NOT accepted, you will be given a full refund if you notify us before 15 March 2017 that you no longer wish attend. Refunds before that date for approved presenters are subject to administrative fees and there are no refunds after that date because we must finalize the program at that point. We also highly recommend that you register early for your lodging to ensure discounted room availability at the conference site.
- General Early Bird Discount for anyone who registers by 15 April 2017
- Register Early for Hotel Accommodations within our limited discounted room block Go to the Accommodations page for discount price listings. Book with the Hotel directly:
- Click Here for Online Booking or
- Central Reservations call: 1-800-996-3426 and ask for the Group Name: IASD 2017 International Conference.
The International Association for the Study of Dreams is pleased to announce the confirmation of our keynote speakers for the 2017 Annual Dream Conference. The conference is held from the evening of June 16 through the evening of June 20, 2017.
Gayle Delaney, PhD, Jeremy Taylor, DMin, Patricia Garfield, PhD, G. William Domhoff, PhD
Dreams: CT Scans Your Love Life.
Gayle Delaney, PhD was the Founding President and a Co-Founder of IASD, and is Co-Director of the Delaney & Flowers Dream Center SmartDreams.net. She is Creator of the Dream Interview method and author of Living Your Dreams, Sensual Dreaming, All about Dreams, and Breakthrough Dreaming. Gayle’s work teaching secular, metaphor-based, interpretation has led her to wish all people would intelligently consult their dreams before choosing a new or a first mate!
The Many Layers of Dreaming – Avoiding Premature Closure
Jeremy Taylor, DMin is past President and co-founders of IASD, the founder/director of the Marin Institute for Projective Dream Work, serves on the Board of the Unitarian Universalist Society for Community Ministries, and is the author of many globally influential books in the field including: “The Wisdom of Your Dreams – Using Dreams to Tap Into Your Unconscious and Transform Your Life” and “The Living Labyrinth, Exploring Universal Themes in Myths, Dreams, and the Symbolism of Waking Life.”
Mapping Your Dream Themes
Patricia Garfield, PhD is past President and a co-founder of IASD. Dr. Garfield holds a PhD in clinical psychology from Temple University (1968). Her bestseller Creative Dreaming (1974, 1991) is still in print; available in 15 languages, it is considered a classic. She has written more than a dozen other books on dreams on such topics as: nightmares; children’s dreams; women’s dreams; healing through dreams; grief dreams; and dream-related art. Her fictional books for children include 2016’s Lavender in Larkspur: Katie’s Dream of Romance.
Seven Surprising Discoveries That Changed My Thinking about Dreams
G. William Domhoff, PhD is the Distinguished Professor Emeritus and Research Professor in the departments of psychology and sociology at the University of California, Santa Cruz, where he has been teaching since 1965. He is author of the forthcoming book The Emergence of Dreaming: Mind-Wandering, Embodied Simulation, and the Default Network; The Scientific Study of Dreams: Neural Networks, Cognitive Development, and Content Analysis; Finding Meaning in Dreams: A Quantitative Approach; and The Mystique of Dreams: The Search For Utopia Through Senoi Dream Theory.
The Venue • The Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove, 12021 Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92840. The venue next year is in a perfect location for attendees who want to arrive or stay over a few days to vacation in southern California or visit the exciting attractions nearby. The hotel is 2.2 miles from Disneyland® park, 9 miles from Knott’s Berry Farm and 18 miles from the beaches. It is accessible from the LAX international airport or the John Wayne Airport (Orange County). We have negotiated the same discount rate for 3 days before and after the conference for attendees who want to take advantage of the local attractions.
The Conference will feature world-renowned keynote speakers and over 160 presenters from around the globe, an opening reception, a Dream Art Exhibition and reception, the annual PSI Dreaming Contest, and the ever popular costume Dream Ball and other special events appropriate to the enjoyment of the location.